Using the course dashboard
Each of your courses has a dashboard. The dashboard shows things like total registrations, and course progress and completion rate.
Accessing course dashboard
To access a course's dashboard, perform the following steps:
- Navigate to the course's page on Learning Lab.
- Click ⚙︎ Dashboard
You can access your course's dashboard directly by navigating to
:owner with the owner of your course and
:title with a slug for the title of course.
Metrics on the course dashboard
On the course dashboard, information about the specific course is displayed as an easy way to gauge the health of your course.
- Total registrations: the total number of registations, active and inactive, for the course since it was published
- Registrations in progress: the number of registered learners that have not completed the course
- Completed registrations: the number of times learners have completed all the steps in the course
- Created at: the publication date and time of the course from within GitHub Learning Lab
- Course version: the version of the course and the corresponding commit on the course repository. For more information about course versioning refer to Course versioning.
- Repository: the course repository from which config and responses are being pulled
- Last updated: the date and time the course repository was last updated, triggered by merges to the default branch in the course repository
- Visibility: whether the course is public or private
- Step progress: A breakdown of how many users have completed each step in the course in the last 7 days
On the left of the course dashboard, you'll see a complete list of the published versions of your course.
- Versions without a branch name represent versions that have been published to your community
- 3.0.0 is a major version, triggered by a change to the
- 3.1.0 is a minor version, triggered by a change to a file other than the
- Versions containing a branch name are draft versions triggered by the creation of a pull request
- 7.0.1-qa-fixes.0 this is a draft version, triggered by the creation of pull request for a branch called
- 7.0.1-qa-fixes.1 A new build will be triggered each time new commits are pushed to the
For a more detailed discussion of course versions, refer to the course versioning docs.
Other course actions
From the course dashboard, you can also:
- Toggle a course to Published
- This is only required to first move your course from Pending to Published
- As long as your course is published, updates for your course will be published as changes are merged to the default branch
- Manually sync course
- This forces a sync of your course's template repository and can be helpful when troubleshooting
- Delete course
- This deletes the course from Learning Lab but does not affect the repositories owned by users who are completing your course
- The bot will no longer respond to users who were in progress within your course