- action: a single attribute of a response from Learning Lab. During a response, Learning Lab needs to respond with at least one action, but can respond with many. See documentation for all available actions.
- owner: the owner of a course; can be an individual, or an organization on GitHub.
- course: the individual unit of interactive study.
- creator: the individual who creates a course.
- event: the action that a user would make to trigger a step in the course. Each event corresponds to a webhook on GitHub.com. Ex:
- learner: the individual GitHub.com user who is completing a class on GitHub Learning Lab.
- learning path: a collection of courses and resources that provide comprehensive coverage of a topic or role. Learning paths can be owned by an organization.
- organization: a GitHub Organization whose presence is mirrored on Learning Lab. For example:
githubtraining on GitHub and
githubtraining on Learning Lab.
- probot: probot is a framework for building GitHub Apps in Node.js.
- reference guide: a printable, step-by-step guide listing the actions to be completed for a specific course.
- registration: when a user indicates they'd like to join a course. A user may register and unregister from a course as many times as they wish. A specific course has many user registrations, even multiple registrations from the same user.
- response: text used by the Learning Lab bot to respond to actionable tasks taken by a learner.
- steps: the building blocks of a course. These are actionable tasks for the learner to complete that are triggered by events.
- tags: labels for courses to help users sort by topic, like "GitHub"
- topics: common, high-level subjects used to help learners find Learning Lab courses that address the respective subject.