Configuring a GitHub organization
We recommend creating a new organization called Learning Lab. For more information on creating organizations, see Creating organizations.
The organization you create will be used to:
- Host the course and template repositories.
- Host the learner repositories created when they sign up for a private course on Learning Lab.
- Determine the levels of access within Learning Lab.
To prepare the organization:
- Create an organization on GitHub Enterprise called
learning-lab, or a name of your choosing.
- Install the Learning Lab GitHub App on the newly created organization.
- Add people as owners of your organization.
- Optionally, create a Lab Assistants team.