Making changes to your course
When you push changes to the
master branch of the course repository, GitHub Learning Lab will take care of pushing those changes to learners. Details on the versioning schema can be found in Course versioning.
How to make changes to your course repository
Draft courses are created any time you create a pull request in a published course.
- Commit the change(s) to a branch on your repository and open a pull request against master.
- A draft course for your branch will be available at
:branch is the name of your branch.
- Verify the change(s) don't break your course by:
- taking the course
- reviewing the commit status from the Learning Lab app
- Merge the branch into master.
- The course will automatically update with your changes.
If you merged a major change, Learning Lab will notify any learners currently in progress that a newer version of the course is available.
How to make changes to your template repository
- Commit change(s) on any branch in your template repository.
- Navigate to your course's page on Learning Lab.
- Click on the course Dashboard.
- Click on Template Repo.
- Click on Re-sync Repository.